The Canvey Railway and Model Engineering Club has been in existence from the nineteen-seventies. In that time we have never seen so much damage and destruction done to our site and buildings as has occurred within 2020 & 2021. This destructive vandalism has been very disheartening for our members, who have put their time and effort into making the club a pleasant place for our members and the general public. We would sincerely like to thank all the local community for their support and everyone for their generous financial donations.
Your donations have gone towards repairing the following items:
· Repairing the damage to the main clubhouse roof after many tiles were taken off and smashed.
· Repairing damage to the raised track station roof and canopy; this structure had been so severely damaged it was in danger of collapse.
· Repairing damage from attempted break-ins.
· Repairing damage to external electrical installations.
· Repairing damage to, and/or replacing the many fencing panels that are required to enable us to operate safely.
· Removing graffiti and repainting the buildings.
· On the ground track replacing 50 meters of wooden fence panels with metal panels.
Not wishing to degrade our website with pictures of the damage we have included one picture that has been taken after much work has been undertaken to repair some of the damage to the raised track station.
Last edited 2022-03-15